School Based Health Center
Register Your Child for the School-Based Health Center at our School Today!
All Groton School-Based Health Centers (SBHC) are operated by Child & Family Agency of Southeastern Connecticut (CFA) and have a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) and Mental Health Clinician (therapist) at each location.
- The School-Based Health Center is different from the school nurse’s office and a community primary care provider (PCP) but works with them to provide comprehensive care for students.
- Health insurance is billed for services provided, but there is no cost to the family (no co-pays, deductible costs, or out-of-pocket expenses). **Tricare insurance is accepted.
- Same-day medical appointments are available to registered students! Please note that we request that registrations be updated annually.
Need an Appointment at Your School-Based Health Center? Fill out an online Medical Request Form and someone from the SBHC scheduling department will get back to you. Students must be enrolled in the SBHC to receive medical care.
SBHC at Fitch High School
Child and Family Agency:
Medical Services Provided:
- Physical Exams
- Sick Visits
- Chronic Condition Education (asthma, weight management, etc.)
- Mental Health and Risk Assessment
Behavioral Health Services:
- Counseling Services (individual, group, and family therapy)
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning
- The 2023-2024 Flu Vaccine is available for all students through the SBHC.
- Students must be enrolled in the SBHC to be able to get the flu vaccine or any medical care.